Universitas Diponegoro (Diponegoro) (again) showed its high reputation as the leading universities in Indonesia as it was ranked fourth nationally as university passed the highest number of selected teams in the National Student Scientific Week (PIMNAS) 29th at Bogor Agricultural Institute August 8 to 11, 2016.
Based on an assessment of Higher Education Committee, Undip managed to get as many as 22 teams.
The first position achieved by Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) with 29 teams, followed by the University of Brawijaya, Malang State University, Diponegoro University and Bogor Agricultural Institute.
The list of top 10 national universities with the highest number of teams that qualify to follow PIMNAS 29, 2016 are:
- Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM): 29 teams
- Universitas Brawijaya (UB): 27 teams
- Malang State University (UNM): 23 teams
- Universitas Diponegoro (Diponegoro): 22 teams
- Bogor Institute of Agriculture (IPB): 21 teams
- Airlangga University (Unair): 20 teams
- Surabaya Institute of Technology (ITS): 15 teams
- Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS): 13 teams
- Yogyakarta State University (UNY): 12 teams
- University of Indonesia (UI): 12 teams
Following the announcement, Undip took preparations to foster PIMNAS teams so that they have the ability to win the competition. On 1-3 August 2016 Undip whole team contingents will be quarantined in a camp in Salatiga.